Petroleum Systems Quick Look (PSQL) is an easy-to-use tool for rapid investigations and is useful for performing a first-level petroleum systems evaluation. It forms the first step toward rigorous 3D petroleum systems modeling using PetroMod. Key functionalities include:
- drainage area calculation: size of area from which petroleum can migrate to a specific play or prospect
- source rock maturity and petroleum generation: whether sufficient amounts of petroleum can be generated in an area of interest
- flash calculation methods for 2-phase/2-component PVT controlled calculations: hydrocarbon phases (liquid or vapor) in the subsurface and at surface conditions
- petroleum migration: preferred petroleum migration directions in a regional carrier system
- accumulation location and size
- open or closed fault effects seal integrity: how much of the migrated petroleum can be retained in a trap
- charge volume uncertainty: how uncertainties in the data affect the results of the analysis.